Day 31

Pictures to come.
Well, the last day of the month I did my final creation for the month, just something for fun and is reasonably unpractical. I made a hooded capelet! It is just a short version of a full length cape. I had some spare black faux suede and I found some burgundy satin deluster or something like that. It is pretty thick so not the most ideal lining. The colours went well together and with a little fiddling I managed to get all of the pieces out of the small scraps I had (about 1 meter of each). A spare button, not worrying about time and I had it done by 12.20am on the 1st of June. I did start it on the 31st of May though, about 9pm. The longest part was making sure everything fit and was cut out, and then the blind hem sewing (by hand).
I made it from a pattern I bought about 10 years ago and had held onto since then. The boys are out so once the kids were asleep I had heaps of free time (plus there was nothing good on TV).
All it needs now is to be pressed/ironed. And some pictures taken of it.

Syndicate content