|Prep time||45 minutes|
Even the kids will enjoy this one! Mine did!!!
|1||small sweet potato|
|2||handfuls grated cheese, approx|
|salt & pepper to taste|
|1||large round crusty loaf|
|200||g||ground beef mince, optional|
|chilli oil, optional|
Read all instructions first.
1. Peel and chop up pumpkin and sweet potato. Place in a saucepan of hot water. Bring to the boil and allow to simmer until the pumpkin and sweet potato are tender enough to mash.
2. While this is cooking, top and tail the beans, and slice into small bits. And brown the mince.
3. Cut the top off the bread and scoop out the insides. Make sure that the bread isn't too thin around the crusts as this will be our bowl.
4. Pre-heat the oven to 150 Celsius
6. Drain the pumpkin and sweet potato. Add in the cheese and cream and mash until smooth (lumps just had extra interest to the dish)
7. Mix through the beans and mince.
8. Place the bread on a large baking tray with all the scooped out bread on the tray also.
9. Fill the bread with the vegetable mix, put on the bread lid and place into the oven.
10. Bake for 15 minutes or until the bread is crusty and crunchy.
11. If you are feeding a lot of people then you can cook up some toast and cut them into triangles.
The mince is an optional extra, as is the chili oil. If you want to add the chili oil, add it towards the end and just stir it through the vegetable mix.
Serve with soup spoons for those who want to be a little less messy.
You can make individual cob loaves by using smaller loaves, or large buns.
The filling can be altered to suit your tastes also and all of the ingredients are changable