|Prep time||30 minutes|
|1 1⁄4||c||plain/all-purpose flour|
|1||tsp||salt (for savoury crisps)|
1. In a food processor, place all of your ingredients and flavourings.
2. Process until it form a soft ball of dough.
3. If a ball of dough doesn't form then you may need to add extra liquid (either water or oil). Add only a little at a time until you have a dough ball.
4. Tip the dough out onto a floured bench top. If the dough is too sticky, add some extra flour.
5. Knead until smooth.
6. If you have a pasta maker, use the lasagne/sheet roller to roll the dough into thin sheets. If not, you can roll it out with a well floured rolling pin. (Note: you can roll the dough between two pieces of greaseproof paper and this will reduce the chances of it sticking)
7. Roll out the dough thinly. (the thiner it is the crisper it will be and this is where a pasta maker/roller comes in handy)
8. Either cut into squares or use a round cookie cutter to cut out the crackers/crisps.
9. Bake in a preheated oven, of 200C, for 15-20 minutes or until they are golden brown.
10. Cool and store in an airtight container.
You can make these any flavour you want. I made mine lime & black pepper, and cinnamon.
For the cinnamon ones you will need to omit the salt and add 1/4 cup of brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
For the lime & black pepper, you will want to add the finely grated zest of 2 limes and 1 teaspoon of cracked black pepper.
You can make these any flavour you want so experiment!